POSITION: Central Program Intern
WHERE: Reach for Change Stockholm, Sweden
COMMITMENT: Full time (+/- 36 hours)
DURATION: August 2018- December 2018
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 11 (applications will be reviewed continuously, please submit application as soon as possible)
Who we are
Reach for Change is a quickly growing global non-profit organization founded by the Kinnevik Group and Sara Damber in 2010. We find and help passionate social entrepreneurs develop innovative solutions that make the world better for children. We support more than 400 social entrepreneurs who in turn helped hundred of thousands of children across 18 countries. The Stockholm Office is the innovative heart of this international organization, with an energetic team of twenty employees and a cozy atmosphere.
Who you are
● Passionate: feel deeply about improving the world for children and social entrepreneurship.
● Brave: enjoy rolling-up-your-sleeves, taking initiatives, and having many different projects to juggle at the same time.
● Smart: able to think strategically, to work independently and with research capabilities. You care about the quality of your work and you have a problem solving go-getter mindset.
● Student or graduate of Social Entrepreneurship; Political Science; International Relations; Development Studies; Human Rights; Global Studies or similar (Bachelor’s or Master’s level)
● Proficient in English – the language we use for most of our communication.
● Looking for an internship as a part of your education plan. This is an unpaid position, however it’s very important to us that you are receiving funds from a third party (CSN or other source of income).
What we can offer
As part of the Central Program team, you will be working on projects that have a direct impact on the work of over 400 Social Entrepreneurs in 17 countries around the world. You will join a highly talented global team, and you will be given significant responsibility including your own project to lead. Working in this team is demanding but you will learn a lot quickly, and will develop your workplace skills significantly.
What is a typical day at Reach for Change? A typical morning starts around 9am when you arrive to our office in Gamla Stan, the center of Stockholm. You will review your tasks of the day, including your project that will most likely be based around research, product development, event coordination or communication. Finally, you will play an important role in keeping the workplace fun, working with other interns to help organise team activities such as breakfasts, fika and afterworks. The day usually finishes at 5pm but work hours are flexible. Each week, you will have a check-in with your supervisor in order to discuss your next steps.
How to apply
If you are who we’re looking for, send an email with your CV, cover letters and details of your external financial support ( e.g. University funding) in English as PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mark the heading with the position you are applying for. The selection process will include interview and a case. We look forward to hearing from you!
Om Reach for Change
Reach for Change is a quickly growing global non-profit organization founded by the Kinnevik Group and Sara Damber in 2010. We find and help passionate social entrepreneurs develop innovative solutions that make the world better for children. We support more than 400 social entrepreneurs who in turn helped hundred of thousands of children across 18 countries.