The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in Philadelphia is looking for a highly motivated intern for our Fall 2018 Finance Internship. An internship at SACC-Philadelphia is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge about international business while expanding your personal network. The interns (one finance and one marketing intern) work closely with the Board of Directors but are the executors of the Chamber’s initiatives, projects, events, and most operational activities as well as ensuring the overall success and effectiveness of SACC-Philadelphia.
By joining the Internship program you will:
- Gain practical experience not possible at the university
- Network and make valuable contacts
- Strengthen your possibility for a great career
- Develop personally and professionally experience
- Get the possibility to live and work abroad
- Managing the accounting (using Quickbooks) for the Chamber including events, membership dues, etc.
- Invoicing membership dues and following up on late payments.
- Work closely with the treasurer to ensure a long-term financial strategy for the Chamber. Deliver reports of current balance and other finance related information to the treasurer and to the board meetings.
- Keep membership database constantly updated and manage CRM system.
- Membership recruitment and build membership relations.
- Create budgets for events to ensure a good strategy for profitability.
- Manage and build long-term sponsorship efforts with potential sponsors and negotiate sponsorship deals. Be responsible for monitoring and making sure sponsorship deals are followed through.
- Together with the marketing intern be responsible for writing articles for our monthly SACC-Philadelphia newsletter, our membership magazines Year in Review and SACC Philadelphia Update.
Requirements: Be pro-active, self-driven and have good social skills. Candidates should have graduated from a university (or close to graduating) with a U.S. equivalent of a Bachelors or Masters degree. Basic knowledge in bookkeeping and budgeting is required.
Preferred but not required: Previous work experience and/or internships within finance and previous work with financial software (QuickBooks, Visma, Fortnox etc.).
This position is unpaid.
Om Swedish American Chamber of Commerce Philadelphia
Our mission is to encourage and promote an exchange of technology, trade and culture between Scandinavia and the Greater Philadelphia regions, while providing members with a spectrum of services and social events.